Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You Can Stand Under My Umbrella

As a fashion blogger wandering the streets of Chicago, I can get very uneasy about the weather.  I bet that a lot of people walking around me think the same thing, even though they don't show it.  Nah, instead, you can usually see the sidewalks of Chicago prowling with very street-smart and stylish beings, whether they're jogging with their Great Dane in their Nike getup, or if they just got out of a busy day in the office with a crisp button up and patterned suit.

Oh, and let's not forget about the hipsters.

You see, after being in Chicago for quite some time, I have discovered another street-style staple that I simply cannot live without.  Every morning I get up to go to Wicker Park for work, I always make sure to snatch this item on the way, mainly in case of rain.  If you haven't figured out what I'm talking about already, I happen to be talking about an umbrella.

That's right.  You read correctly.  If you are intent on judging me, well, go right on ahead.  All I can say is that because Chicago is very bipolar with the weather, I always find it comforting to be prepared.  And not gonna lie, it's been raining in the Windy City almost every day this summer.

I happened to take a nice selfie with my umbrella the other day as well…


Isn't she lovely?  I still need to figure out a good name for her.  I got her at Target my freshman year of college.

I doubt that carrying an umbrella around with me every day will catch on with the other stylish Chicago folk.  In fact, I get a lot of weird looks on the street, and even questions.  I cannot tell you the amount of times a person has rushed up to me asking me, "Is it supposed to rain today?" worriedly, or a taxi driver asking me what the deal was with my umbrella taking up a majority of the backseat. "It's beautiful weather! Why worry?" they would exclaim.

Um, sir.  I appreciate the concern, I just like being prepared.  That's all.

Well if you happen to be like me (wanting to be stylish, yet prepared that is), I recommend going to consignment stores for a stylish umbrella.  If you don't happen to be near one, that's okay! Just go to Target.  As far I'm concerned, they haven't let me down in the umbrella department.

Anywho, it never hurts to bring along a trustworthy umbrella.  They're more like a good buddy if anything else: they're always there to keep you dry (take that whatever way you want).  So don't be afraid to open it up and start singing in the rain… or sunshine.  Over and out.



Maddy Thiers




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home