Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bloated And Beachy

It was that time of day again.  I had just had a hearty lunch, and my belly was nicely round and full of food.  Next thing I knew, my brother and I were discussing a beach trip.  "It's our last day in Chicago for the summer," he said.  "We might as well."

Oh boy.

Welp, I was torn.  Sure, I wanted to go to the beach, but I wasn't sure about showing off my food baby for all of Lincoln Park to see.  So I decided to skip the swimsuit and put together a beach outfit that would be figure flattering, but that wouldn't require too much coverage at the same time.

So, this is what happened.  I threw on high-waisted shorts, a crop top, a slouchy sweater, and some extra accessories and flopped on down in my flip-flops to the beach.  You see, I wanted a look that would balance out nicely; I covered mostly on the top, but showed my legs for a nice contrast and illusion.


Yeah I know, I could have gone for a chic one-piece as well.  However, when you're like me and you're too bloated to even put on a swimsuit (because of, erm… problems), there are always extra options.  I think another good option would be to pair a nice tee and maxi skirt together, or a pair of cuffed leggings and a billowy shirt.  




Thank God for Pinterest, am I right?

Anyway, these outfits are meant to give you an idea of what to wear when you're just not feeling the beachy vibes coming from your swimsuit.  Heck, you can even save these ideas for a romantic walk along the water at night!  Oh, and did I mention how great you'll look taking a picture of your outfit against the sand?


Happy summer.


Maddy Thiers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home