Thursday, September 11, 2014

Let's Talk About Fashion Week

I remember talking about how much I loved the month of September in my last blog post.  However, I forgot to mention another thing that I love about this month, and that, my friends, is fashion week.

So let's discuss what went down in New York this past week, shall we?  First of all, let's talk about how Ralph Lauren kicked some serious ass with their new collection.  Of course, it wasn't just the collection that turned heads.  For the introduction of the women's polo to the brand, Ralph decided to shake things up and make a holographic show out of it.  And as if that weren't the talk of the town already, the SS/15 collection is looking pretty damn fabulous.





Saying that I am in love with the collection is an understatement… rather, I am thoroughly obsessed with the architectural build and beauty of these garments (like, beyond belief).  And this is coming from a girl who is not a fan of khaki!

I also enjoyed what Diane Von Furstenberg did with her collection.  Her SS/15 collection has a fun and young take on it, with a majority of the garments being black/navy and white, as well as with wild patterns of gingham and florals.





Also, the fact that Diane put Kendall Jenner in her show was a smart marketing move on her part.  Just by doing that, she attracted a whole new audience to her youthful, lightweight collection for the warm weather.  Kudos to you, Diane.

Speaking of having Kendall Jenner in a runway show, it appears that Tommy Hilfiger had the same thought when it came to marketing his brand.  But aside from having Kendall in his show, I just have to say… I absolutely love what Tommy did with his SS/15 collection.  It was as if grunge and preppy had a one night stand, and ended up having a baby out of it.  For lack of a better way to phrase how I feel about the collection, I am in "lurve."





And last but not least, I feel the need to talk about how Anna Sui perfectly balanced brights and neutrals in her SS/15 collection.  And holy shit, can we just talk about those prints?!





Yeah, I think I may picked a few pictures of the same model.

I always enjoyed looking at Anna Sui's collections for inspiration on how to properly mix patterns and styles into one outfit, and this particular collection adds right onto that style.  It is also difficult to pull off the socks and heels look as it is, so I give more of my kudos to Anna Sui for doing her thing.

There were definitely other collections and designers that caught my eye, but for this post, I felt the need to talk about these collections the most.  I think I have a crush on the idea of the usual preppy designers experimenting with different styles, because of my eclectic sense of style and what not.  Anywho, over and out, and onto the next fashion week.


Maddy Thiers










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home