Wednesday, September 3, 2014

So Long, Summer

I'm kinda heartbroken that summer is ending.  And it's not just because I live in Chicago, and this winter is forecasted to be worse than the last one we had.  Nah, I just live and strive for warmth and comfort.  Still, chilly winter has its perks.  For one thing, September is an amazing month filled with fashion, glamour, and fun (cough, and my birthday).

For this particular blog post, I feel like making a forecast of my own.  This particular forecast, however, has to do with fashion instead of the horrible Chicago coldness.  Therefore, my prediction for what we're going to see this fall has to do with mixing seasons and decades.  Take a look…

1) The 90s are still here, folks!  They may have started up again a few seasons ago, but they're not going anywhere soon.  From what I've seen of some of my favorite bloggers, they're still taking the 90s with them everywhere they go.  For instance, check out Luanna Perez from le-happy.com and her awesome choker:


I love how she incorporated that 90s influence in her gothic chic getup; then again, her style is simply amazing.  

My advice for wearing the 90s, as well as mixing summer and fall together?  Wear plaid with athletic wear.  Chic, yet totally unexpected.


2) Orange, orange, and more orange.  I can guarantee it when I say that orange is springing up everywhere on the runways this year.  Sure, some of you may be thinking of Elle Woods talking about the time she convinced Cameron Diaz to not purchase a hideous orange sweater ("Whoever said orange is the new pink is seriously disturbed!").  However, fashion is evolutionary, my friends.  Trends are constantly changing, so why not give the normally outcast color more of a chance?  Let's see the impact this color is having on the runways:




3) This is mainly just my piece of advice: be more experimental with your layering!  Try a chambray button down over a plaid shirt, or a sweater with an LBD and sneakers.  You can even try to be a little more experimental with your accessories.  This fall is definitely going to be an interesting one because of all the mixing of unexpected items, so have fun with your outfit!  If you need a little more inspiration for fall, feel free to check out my previous post with the Katniss-inspired outfits.  

Oh, and one more great thing about fall?

Pumpkins.  

Lots n' lots of pumpkins.


Maddy Thiers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home