Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What To Wear On Your Birthday

First off, I would like to apologize for not posting last week.  You see, last Wednesday was my 21st birthday, and I totally meant to post something, but erm… other stuff happened.

However, because last week was my birthday, I was able to think of something to write on the topic.  Birthdays, I mean.  I personally love birthdays, because it's an entire day about you!  I mean, there's hardly any other day of the year that's entirely about you.  It also gives you an excuse to pass out drunk on the floor and look like this:


I look awfully composed for being passed out…

It also gives you a great excuse to take selfies like this:


Yes, I apparently took this on my birthday.

You see, birthdays are really a great thing for everyone, no matter how you view them!  And because it's a day that's entirely about you, it also gives you the chance to pick out one hell of a birthday outfit.

So how do you go about finding the perfect outfit for your birthday?  Well, if you're about to turn 21, you can always rely on Pinterest to help you out.


I found this lovely picture of Selena Gomez on her 21st birthday from a Pinterest page entirely devoted to 21st birthday outfit ideas (http://www.pinterest.com/explore/21st-birthday-outfits/).  While that's one possibility, another way to find a great outfit, no matter how old you are, is quite simple: just look in your closet and see what you already have and what suits you best!  Do you have brightly colored clothes and a lot of accessories?  Well, you can try something inspired by the lovely Iris Apfel.


I love Iris because she proves that you can look pretty damn fabulous no matter how old you are.

I bet that if you have a birthday in the fall or in the winter, you often wonder how you can go out for your birthday without freezing to death.  I can just picture it now… pawing through your closet panicking because it's 30 degrees outside and there's no way you can wear your usual LBD with heels.  Never fear!  There's nothing a little tulle can't fix.


Tulle is the perfect birthday fabric because it draws so much attention.  And let's face it, birthdays are all about attention!  So if you are looking for something to invest in for your cold birthday, I definitely recommend tulle.  Ladies, trust me.

Finally, there's always the issue of work or class on your birthday.  Yeah, womp womp.  But hey, that doesn't mean that you can't look fabulous anyway!  For instance, just take a look at Victoria Beckham:


When it comes to dressing for work or class on your birthday, just take a leaf out of Victoria Beckham's book and highlight your best features with a pop of something extra.  Do you like your curves?  Show off your waist then.  Are you fond of your eyes?  Wear bold eyeliner.  Then, just add something remarkably fabulous (like extra accessories, a bold blazer, or killer boots) that just makes you all the more noticeable.  

Whenever it came to dressing for my birthday, these tricks always came in handy for me.  Hopefully, I have helped you come up with a way to find a great outfit for your birthday, no matter what age you may be turning.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head downstairs to buy a bottle of moscato from 7Eleven.

Classy, I know.


Maddy Thiers






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home