Wednesday, December 3, 2014

What I'm Wearing So Far In December

As I walk through the streets of Chicago, I already see festive window decorations, sparkling lights on the leaf barren trees, and of course, carefully coordinated red and green outfits worn by the fashion business majors in my classes.  December is my favorite month of the year to dress up, because it truly gives you the chance to pick out an outfit that'll shine (pun intended) (you know, like Christmas lights) (okay cool).

However, what happens when you want to go a route for a holiday party that does NOT involve ugly Christmas sweaters?  Well, let me give you a few tips on how to put together a cute outfit that's just right for the season, but too not over-the-top Christmasy.

1) Go through what neutrals you have, like LBDs, and see if you pair anything with sheer tights or accessories like lace.  You see, neutrals work extra better during the holiday season, not just because of the frigid temperatures, but also because of the sexiness that black lacy tights can exude in the snowy weather.  Seriously, the effect is astonishing.

2) Because layering is always effective, take a look at what sweaters or tops you got.  Something cozy is always good to grab, but then again, it depends on how casual the occasion is.

3) Finally, when you've got your neutrals and sweaters out of the way, hit a home run with an unexpected piece from your closet.  Whether it's a stunning statement necklace, or an expensive one-of-a-kind Italian pastel leather jacket, make it rock!  Don't worry, you've got this.

With these tips for a cute, yet slightly neutral holiday outfit, the result for me came out like this:


In this picture, I am wearing my black boots, sheer tights, an LBD with my mom's old gray speckled sweater over it, a robot pendant, and um yeah, that jacket I was describing above?  Yeah, that's the one I'm wearing.  It's super warm too.

So there you go!  You now have an idea for a not-so-blatant holiday outfit that'll be guaranteed to turn heads at your next Christmas party.  Who knows, you might even get a little action underneath that mistletoe.

God, I love the holidays. 


Maddy Thiers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home